I love recipes that call for zesting lemons, limes or oranges. The fresh scent brings cheer to the kitchen, and the bright flavors add a burst of sunshine to each dish. In this shrimp pasta recipe, I’ve done my best to provide measurements for the ingredients. But the truth is, this is one of those dishes I make a little differently every time. I encourage you to have fun adjusting the flavors to find what makes your taste buds happiest.
3/4 box Angel hair pasta
1 1/2 pounds shrimp
2 TBS olive oil (divided to 1 TBS and 1 TBS)
1 tsp Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
1 pod garlic, chopped
½ small onion chopped
4 oz mushrooms chopped
1-2 TBS freshly chopped parsley
1 lime – (1 1/2 TBS lime zest) and (juice of ½ lime)
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Shell and devein shrimp. Rinse in cold water and drain.
- Toss shrimp in bowl with 1 TBS olive oil, Tony’s Seasoning, lime juice. Let marinate in fridge for about an hour.
- Saute’ onion and garlic in 1 TBS olive oil, add mushrooms after about a minute, then saute till wilted.
- Add shrimp and marinating juices, stirring frequently.
- When shrimp are pink, add parsley. lime zest and tomato. Toss in pan till warm.
- Serve over pasta, making sure to generously drizzle liquid from pan on each serving.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and sprinkling of fresh parsley, if desired.