Choosing just the right speaker to deliver just the right message for your audience can feel overwhelming. That’s why I design my talks to suit each unique audience. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about my topics or meeting the needs of your group.
I’m honored that you are considering me as a guest speaker! I look forward to the opportunity to plan and create with you.
“Energetic, genuine, fun and inspiring” is how many describe me. I strive to share wisdom, hope, and grace with every audience. I’m a mom who understands parenting struggles, and I’m a professional who teaches ways to overcome them.
My Most Requested Presentations
All workshops and presentations can be adjusted in time, length, and content to best accommodate each audience.
Preventing Tantrums and Meltdowns at Any Age!
Creating Routines for a Less Stressful Day
Is bedtime a battle in your house? Has, “Time to get in the car!” become Tantrum Time? Do you dread taking your child grocery shopping because of the inevitable whining?
Meltdowns are miserable but they CAN be prevented. Children feel most comfortable when they can anticipate what will happen next. When something is new, boring or challenging, a child can feel quite uncertain; and stress and anxiety can skyrocket. We can see this in their acting out, regressive behavior or other frustrating behaviors. I’ll teach how to create routines and traditions that help parents calm the storm and prevent the flood.
Handling “Quirky” Behaviors
Odd, awkward, or annoying behaviors: we ALL have them to some extent. But how can we help our kids manage theirs, particularly when those behaviors are causing problems? This is a fun and informative session on perfectionism, hyperactivity, emotional and sensory sensitivities, social awkwardness, and more. I’ll help parents to:
- Understand the root cause of quirky behaviors
- Find creative and successful ways to help children adapt more easily to social, family and classroom settings.
Handling Sticky Topics with Your Kids
Think of any kid-related awkward moment or topic that makes you squirm. Do you feel confident to handle it? I bring humor and sage advice for what to say and how to say it, what to do and what do avoid doing, and how to survive it all!
How to Survive Limit Testing
Setting Firm but Loving Limits Without Actually Saying the Word, “NO!”
Kids NEED to test limits: It’s a necessary but “oh-so-difficult” part of their development. Unfortunately, upon hearing the words “NO” and “Do NOT,” their strongest tendency can be to challenge the messenger. So what is a parent to do? I’ll help parents to:
- Set limits that stick
- Create and adjust healthy boundaries based on developmental ages
- Prevent future power struggles and restore harmony to the parent-child relationship.
Learning to Recognize What Your Child’s Behavior Might be Trying to Tell You
Young children rarely have the verbal skills to adequately communicate their feelings, desires, and needs. And, intentionally or not, they typically use behavior to express themselves. (Yes, those behaviors that really annoy, frustrate, or even scare us). Understanding the meaning behind their actions is key to helping children cope. I’ll help parents:
- Better understand what their child’s behavior is saying
- Recognize the need behind the behavior and ways to meet the need
- Teach their children appropriate alternatives to their inappropriate behaviors
10 Ways to Boost Children’s Feelings of Self Worth and Confidence
Did you know that some of the most well-intended words and actions we use to build up our children can actually create dependence and lower self-esteem? I’ll help parents to:
- Understand why and how some well-intended actions can backfire
- Learn to replace ineffective methods with ones that truly empower
- Inspire kids to become self-assured but not arrogant, feel safe but not smothered, and embrace life with enthusiasm not excuses
Smoothing Communication Potholes
Back-talking. Chronic arguing. Battles for the last word. Like monster potholes in a well-traveled road, ruts in communication are potentially damaging and quite annoying, (especially when our KIDS are the backseat drivers)! If you’re ready to pave smoother roads in your home , you won’t want to miss this fun and empowering workshop. I’ll teach how to identify, repair, and prevent obstacles to communication. And we’ll explore ways to seal the deal with a generous coating of respect.
The Disciplined Parent
Do you have a few parenting style hang-ups that you’d like to change or get rid of? This fun and reflective workshop will help parents:
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of their parenting style
- Communicate more effectively with their kids
- Be a better role model by becoming more intentional (and less reactionary) in their parenting